Monday, March 25, 2013

1975 Anacapri Erika 24 Restoration


03/24/13 - At the power tool lot ready for cabin deck re-core.

I have never attempted anything like this before, but I like projects and I found this one of a kind unique boat.  It may be the last one still around.  It has some problems, but it is very solidly built and of a design that appeals to me so I decided to go for it!

Here is the short list:
  1. The cabin roof core is shot - rotted away due to water intrusion from screws by previous owner(s) that were not bedded in several locations.
  2. Encapsulated swing keel has split in one area at leading edge
  3. Window gaskets have failed
  4. Home-built forward hatch that just sits there with no operating hardware or means to secure.
  5. Trailer general wear (already replaced tires) and welding attention needed.  It is however serviceable for the present.
  6. Paint - lots and lots of paint

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bill. I found your threads on sailnet and that led me to your blog which I'm really enjoying. I was looking for info because I was thinking about buying this.

    http://littlerock.craigslist.org/bod/3776503737.html

    I think it may be the last one in existence.

    ReplyDelete