1975 Anacapri Erika 24 Restoration
03/24/13 - At the power tool lot ready for cabin deck re-core.
I have never attempted anything like this before, but I like projects and I found this one of a kind unique boat. It may be the last one still around. It has some problems, but it is very solidly built and of a design that appeals to me so I decided to go for it!
Here is the short list:
- The cabin roof core is shot - rotted away due to water intrusion from screws by previous owner(s) that were not bedded in several locations.
- Encapsulated swing keel has split in one area at leading edge
- Window gaskets have failed
- Home-built forward hatch that just sits there with no operating hardware or means to secure.
- Trailer general wear (already replaced tires) and welding attention needed. It is however serviceable for the present.
- Paint - lots and lots of paint