Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day of Destruction

Pretty tired but here are a couple of pictures.  Assuming Jamestown Distributors gets their act together, I will be laying glass next weekend.  Jamestown Distributors messed up my order and did NOT ship the balsa core material.  It is on the invoice but all I got was one box from UPS labeled 1 of 1 boxes  and no freaking balsa wood that I paid for (this stuff should be in at least two additional boxes).
 A section of top skin with core remnants attached.
Some balsa core remnants - this was very slow hot work.  A respirator was a must with so much fibergalss fiber blowing around everywhere.   A good respirator has already been MONEY WELL SPENT!!!

2 comments:

  1. Bill,
    Was reading your blog on the Anacapri Erika 24. How did the work go? I'm curious because I have an Anacapri Erika 24, 1979. It sure looks the same as your boat. Just wanted to touch base to see if you are still enjoying the boat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still waiting on the wood from Jamestown Distributors. All I did this weekend was work on the windows some more. I got another dremel tool with wire brush attachments which is doing a better job of it. and plan out the electrical a bit.

    (I have not sailed this one yet, but I hope to get it in the water in time for the holiday in some shape or another.)

    If you have any photos of your boat I would love to see them - the rudder - electrical - oh and the hatch. My original hatch is gone as well as my original cabin entrance boards.

    ReplyDelete