Monday, June 17, 2013

Got my outboard - a little Suzuki 5hp.  So I can cross auxiliary propulsion off the list (still need a gas tank and fuel line though).  It is a 1979 that was built in Japan - so it will match my 1975 boat.

Update: I ran the motor in a water barrel a few weeks ago and saw no water coming out :(   Miller Boating Center has it now - I have ordered parts for them twice, but hopefully it will done this week.  The water pump was destroyed from running dry.  I might be getting wet this weekend, but I am  not telling anyone this time until I am actually in the water.   Too much that can still go wrong and probably will!

3 comments:

  1. Wow finding fittings for this outboard is hard - may have to improvise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Capt Bill, Do you have the sail specs for this boat??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spld.that boat (I have a MacGregor 26 now) if you have facebook the guy who has it now is Facebook name Darrell Tasha Brantley in Florida

    ReplyDelete